Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sweet chocolate cupcake

Last time I was in San Francisco, I didn’t make it to Kara’s Cupcakes. (Only SusieCakes and American Cupcake. Not to mention Tartine and Smitten and Christopher Elbow and Cocoa Bella).

But hours after landing this time, I was on the hunt.

I made my way to Kara’s, where banana caramel, s’mores, java, carrot, vanilla coconut, raspberry, meyer lemon, chocolate velvet, and many other beautiful flavors beckoned.


I chose a sweet chocolate.

Topped with a dainty little flower.

But I put that aside and bit right in.

Needless to say, it was delicious.

I have three more days of eating in San Francisco. What do you think my must-eat-sweets should be?

4 comments:

Holiday Baker Man said...

Very Inventive!

Katie said...

What amazing looking cupcakes! I'll definitely make a pilgrimage to Kara's soon. Such fun to meet you yesterday at your SF reading and I can't wait to read your book. Oh and thanks for the champagne and Miette macarons--very sweet of you to share!

Melanie said...

HOLY YUM

Cupcake Crazy Gem said...

Hmm that frosting looks so delish! My sisters went to Kara's in the summer when they were in San Fran and loved it too. They also ate at Zuni and said it was one of the best meals they had on their trip - so if you manage to track it down apparently order the shoestring fries and you won't regret it! Enjoy the rest of your time in San Fran - I'm so jealous!