Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The untouchable chocolate chip cookie

Considering how often I wax poetic about Levain, I figured it was time to do a proper posting for the bakery. And since I had another rendez-vous with the boys, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to spread the gluttony between three bellies.

Let's be honest: I am a terrible photographer. And these cookies especially didn't photograph well. But that doesn't matter. What matters is the taste, and the verdict is in.

Levain's walnut chocolate chip cookie is the best. And I don't even like nuts in my baked goods.

I love Momofuku's over-the-top ingredients and butter content. I love the chocolate quotient from Jacques Torres and Petrossian. But the size, weight, cakiness, chewiness, and ratio of batter to chips is sheer perfection. These were still warm when I picked them up. It just doesn't get much better. Three bellies can't be wrong.

The dark chocolate chocolate chip and dark chocolate peanut butter chip are also kickass.

167 West 74th Street at Amsterdam
212.874.6080

No comments: