Saturday, January 10, 2009

It’s the frosting, dummy

It’s not something I’m proud of, but I know you did it too: growing up, peeling back the plastic lid of the Duncan Hines frosting container your mom bought from the grocery store, and just spooning mouthfuls of the ooey, gooey, rich and creamy milk chocolate or “fluffy white” frosting, without regard for the cake that it was supposed to be dressing.

You can chalk up my love for Out of the Kitchen’s fresh and frosting-laden cupcakes to the so bad, it’s good category. These yummy gut-bombs are yet another reason to beeline it to the Willage.

420 Hudson Street @ Leroy
212.242.0399

2 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

Oh, the shame. I just opened up a can of Duncan Hines white frosting two days ago.

Linda said...

Those cupcakes look like they might have the proper frosting to cake ratio.

Your blog makes me wish I lived in NYC!