Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Un, deux, trois pommes délicieux

Another place I can cross off my must-go list: Trois Pommes. It only took me a year and a half to get there, but I finally made it since I was doing chocolate recon in Brooklyn. Plus, mom gave me the nudge after she saw the patisserie in the new Food Network Magazine.

With the French name and sophisticated perch in Park Slope, you wouldn’t expect to find such cheeky treats as whoopie pies, Oreo cookies and the “Mostess” cupcake, a dense chocolate cupcake shot through the center with espresso cream filling. But they’re there, and they’re delicious.



So are the classics. Like a good old blueberry muffin, studded with bits of crumbly buttered sugar on top and juicy blueberries inside.


The black and white cookies are gorgeous cakey pieces with sweet frosting on top, and everything else looked divine. But there was only so much I could sample in a sitting. Oink, oink.

260 Fifth Avenue
718.230.3119

2 comments:

Violette Crumble said...

They do a great version of that "Hostess" cupcake at the Atalntic Diner. Check them out the next time you are in the neigb. They are one of my favorite baked-goods-dealers (along with Betty Bakery up the street)

Anonymous said...

Is Atlantic Diner the one with the giant, buttery cupcakes? It's been a long time (too long) since I've been... I'll definitely have to sample the Hostess cupcake!