Saturday, January 23, 2010

Moulin de la Vierge

Voila. Just one of Paris’ classic patisseries. (Roughly translated to “The Virgin Mill.”)

Behold, the Art Nouveau façade.

Inside, things only get prettier.

And, presumably, more delicious.

I could only try one treat (which broke my week-long sweets embargo, I might add).

There were so many amazing choices.

Tarts, éclairs, macarons, millefeuilles,…




I thought a breakfast pastry, it being 11 am, was the most appropriate.

So I went with the pain aux raisins.

Not the cupcakes.

Not the pizzas or savory tarts.

It was a good choice.

3 comments:

Lucie said...

Good choice! I usually go for the escargot au chocolat when there is one. I love your blog--it makes me want to go out and buy every single pastry or chocolate from every shop in my street :)

-Lucie from Bilingual Butter

Sweet Freak said...

Merci, Lucie! I've only had escargot from one boulangerie: Du Pain et des Idées... I think I'm ruined for life!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.