Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In the chocolate and cheese aisles

After chocolate, cheese is one of my deepest loves. So a trip to Murray's is almost as sacred as a trip to Bespoke, Kee's or Teuscher.

As smitten as I usually am by the cheese (drunken goat, robioloa, manchego), this time I couldn't peel myself from the sweets shelves.

Knipschildt, Vere, Scharffen Berger… all oh-so tempting. But my two favorite finds:

Pralus Crème de Noisette (a better version of Nutella), brilliantly packaged in a squeezable tube. The better to squirt a little on toast, in batter, or directly in the mouth.

And Murray's own Ring Ding. Just check out that copy! Some of my favorite words: stuffed, tucked, luscious and fudgy. They make me very happy.

254 Bleecker between Sixth and Seventh Aves
212.243.5001

2 comments:

Jessica "Su Good Sweets" said...

Oh my goodness. Must get Pralus choc hazelnut spread. I've been looking for fancy "Nutella," and Pralus is one of my favorite brands.

Anonymous said...

I am also a cheese person, but chocolate hazelnut spread in a convenient tube.....wow. I would have stopped en route to the Bucheron myself. Did you try the Pralus-in-a-tube?